On Getting Lost

I love getting lost. It is as much fun to me as playing a tough game and beating your brother's high score. It as exciting as going for a much awaited movie with all your friends. It is as satisfying as a large glass of cold water after a day spent in the sun.

'Lost' - the word itself ignites a kind of a fire within me...a fire burning now with renewed energy. The very word had been my name on Orkut for more than a year! Until of course it got replaced by the very obvious - 'found'.
It signifies many things and can be used in diverse ways. One can lose material objects or can also lose their sense of understanding. Some other may lose their eyesight or may also lose touch with the outside world and be immersed in thought. Others may just lose in a game or race or have no idea of where they are. When I spoke of loving to get lost, I meant just two things - to be lost in thought and to be lost geographically. Although the former is financially more viable always, I do make it a point to exercise the latter once in a while.

Getting lost in thought has been one thing I have always indulged in. I love thinking as much as I love getting lost, and often times the two go hand in hand. Looking at things but not seeing them usually culminates into a good past-time. The power of thought has the ability to transport one's mind from the place they are physically at, to anything from the neighbour's house to the dense forests of Amazon to the stars millions of lightyears from our galaxy and also to the miniscule world of quarks. Like someone rightly said - think wisely as your thoughts form words, your words form actions, your actions make your character, and your character defines your life. It is only thoughts which maketh or breaketh a man. Being so immersed in thoughts helps improve one's ability to concentrate because if one can think so deeply without any disturbance, then surely they can do any thing in the world with the same passion. One man's thoughts have the ability to change the views of the entire city, nation or world. Thinking helps.

The joy obtained when I know that I am in an unknown place surpasses my fear. The very idea of experiencing a different environment altogether gives a high. Although fear does take over if the place turns out to be shady and it is the middle of the night but it is not of those times that I speak of here.
I guess I probably love travelling and it is in my blood as even my parents love travelling. But my love for travelling hadn't surfaced as yet till I began college. Exploration makes me feel like one of the great explorers of the world - Vasco da Gama, Neil Armstrong, Tenzing Norgay and Amerigo Vespucci. They stepped foot on places never before treaden by those back home. They made chronicles of their travel. They accomplished the task of reaching back safely from where they had begun. I have unfortunately been to very few places which were never stepped upon by those at home yet the excitement of experiencing something new never dies down. It is always the new that excites. Probably explains why most people love knowing the 'news'. For me, any new place that I go to is akin to getting lost. Knowing more about the place and making me feel at home is one major task I undertake once lost. The high of understanding stuff from scratch about anything, prevails also in this.

Oh well...I got lost writing this! ;)
Happy Losing-It Day!

0 comments: